Cheap Flights from Chicago
If you’re looking for the best deals on flights from Chicago, you’ve come to the right place! Here at HopChicago, we specialize in helping our readers find the cheapest flights possible.
We know that flying can be expensive, so we’re here to help you save as much money as possible. We’ll give you tips on how to find the cheapest flights, and we’ll also let you know about any special deals that may be available.
Finding cheap flights from Chicago
Flying out of Chicago? You’re in luck! ORD is one of the busiest airports in the world, which means there are plenty of flight options available.
Whether you’re looking for a direct flight or a cheap flight, you can find what you’re looking for. Here are a few tips to help you find the best deals:
- Check multiple airports. In addition to Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, there are also Midway International Airport and Gary/Chicago International Airport. Flights out of these airports may be cheaper than flights out of O’Hare.
- Be flexible with your travel dates. If you can be flexible with your travel dates, you’ll likely find cheaper flights. Try to avoid flying on weekends, as these are typically the most expensive days to fly.
- Travel during off-peak times. Just like with hotels and cars, airplane tickets are usually cheaper during off-peak times. For domestic flights, the cheapest times to fly are typically Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday mornings. For international flights, try to avoid flying during holiday periods.
- Sign up for fare alerts. There are a number of websites and apps that will send you alerts when flight prices drop. This way, you can jump on a cheap flight when you see one!
Tips for finding cheap flights
Price is, without a doubt, the biggest factor that comes into play when looking for cheap flights. To save money on your airfare, you’ll need to be mindful of a few key things.
The first is to be flexible with your travel dates. If you’re able to be even just a little bit flexible, you’ll have a much better chance of finding cheap flights. The second is to be Flexible with your destination. If you’re willing to fly to a nearby airport or even to a different city altogether, you may find cheaper flights.
Another tip for finding cheap flights is to avoid flying during peak times if possible. If you absolutely must fly during peak times, try to book your flight as early as possible as rates tend to go up the closer it gets to the date of travel. Finally, keep an eye out for sales and special offers from airlines. If you’re able to plan ahead and book your flight in advance, you can often find sales and discounts that can save you a substantial amount of money.
Popular airlines flying out of Chicago
The most popular airlines flying out of Chicago are American Airlines, United Airlines, and Delta Air Lines. These airlines offer a variety of domestic and international flights, so you’re sure to find a flight that’s right for you. If you’re looking for a cheap flight out of Chicago, be sure to check out the deals and discounts offered by these airlines.
Aer Lingus – T5 – 1-800-474-7424
AeroMexico – T5 – 1-800-237-6639
Air Canada – T2 – 1-888-247-2262 / (Intl) 1-888-361-8071
Air France – T5 – 1-800-237-2747
Air India – T5 – 1-800-621-8231
Alaska Airlines – T2 – 1-800-252-7522
All Nippon – T1 and T5 – 1-800-235-9262
American Airlines – T3 (Departures) T5 (International Arrivals) – 1-800-433-7300 / (Intl) 1-800-543-1586
Austrian Airlines – T5 – 1-800-843-0002British Airways – T5 – 1-800-247-9297 / (Intl) 1-866-393-0961
Cape Air – T3 – 800-227-3247
Cathay Pacific Airways – T5 – 1-800-233-2742 / (Intl) 1-877-609-2233Copa Airlines – T5 – 1-800-359-2672
Delta and Delta Shuttle – T2 – 1-800-221-1212
Denver Air Connection (Key Lime Air) – T3 – 866-373-8513EVA Air – T5 – 1-847-261-9900
Emirates – T5 – 1-800-777-3999 / (Intl) 1-888-320-1576
Ethiopian Airlines – T5 – 1 (800) 445-2733
Etihad Airways – T5 – 1-877-690-0767
Finnair – T5 – 1-877-757-7143
Frontier Airlines – T5 – 1-801-401-9000
Iberia Airlines – T3 (Departures) and T5 (Arrivals) – 1-800-772-4642
Icelandair – T5 – 1-800-223-5500
Japan Airlines (JAL) – T3 (Departures) and T5 (Arrivals) – 1-800-525-3663
JetBlue – T2 – 1-800-538-2583
KLM Royal Dutch – T5 – 1-800-618-0104 / (Intl) 1-800-831-4488
Korean Air – T5 – 1-800-438-5000 / (Intl) 1-888-898-5525
LOT Polish Airlines – T5 – 1-212-789-0970
Lufthansa – T1 (Departures), T2, T5 (Arrivals) – 1-800-645-3880 / (Intl) 1-866-846-4283
Qatar Airways – T5 – 1-877-777-2827 / (Intl) 1-877-578-2757
Royal Jordanian – T5 – 1-212-949-0050
SWISS – T5 – 1-877-359-7947 / (Intl) 1-855-254-1842
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) – T5 – 1-800-221-2350
Southwest Airlines – T5 – 1-800-435-9792 / (Intl) 1-800-533-1305
Spirit Airlines – T3 – 1-855-728-3555 / (Intl) 1-800-955-8771
Sun Country – T5 – 651-905-2737
TAP Air Portugal – T5 – 800-221-7370
Turkish Airlines – T5 – 1-800-874-8875
United Airlines – T1 (Departures), T5 (International Arrivals) – 1-800-864-8331 (Domestic), 1-800-538-2929 (International) / (Intl) 1-800-323-0170
VivaAerobus – T5 – 1-888-935-9848
Volaris Airlines – T5 – 1-866-988-3527
WestJet – T5 – 1-888-937-853 / (Intl) 1-877-952-0100
Budget-friendly airlines for cheap flights from Chicago
There are a few budget-friendly airlines that offer cheap flights from Chicago. Some of these airlines include Spirit Airlines, Frontier Airlines, and Southwest Airlines. If you’re looking for the cheapest possible flight, it’s worth checking out all of these airlines to see which one has the best deal for your specific travel dates.
When to book flights from Chicago for the best deals
When booking flights from Chicago, the best deals are typically found 60 days in advance. However, flight prices can fluctuate depending on the time of year and demand. As a general rule of thumb, the cheapest days to fly are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
How to find last-minute cheap flights from Chicago
A few quick tips can help you get last-minute cheap flights from Chicago.
- First, plan ahead and be flexible with your travel dates. The sooner you start looking, the better your chances will be of finding a great deal.
- Second, be aware of the many discount airlines that fly in and out of Chicago. These airlines often have great last-minute deals.
- Third, sign up for fare alerts from major airlines. This way, you’ll be notified immediately when a cheap flight becomes available.
- Finally, don’t forget to check out online travel websites such as Expedia or Travelocity. They often offer great discounts on last-minute flights.
Alternatives to flying out of Chicago
If you’re looking for cheap flights out of Chicago, there are a few alternatives to consider. Chicago is a major hub for both domestic and international travel, so there are plenty of options for getting out of the city.
One alternative to flying out of Chicago is to drive to a nearby airport. There are many smaller airports located within a few hours of the city, and they often have cheaper flights than the larger airports in Chicago. Another option is to take a bus or train to another city with a major airport. This can be a cheaper and more convenient option than flying out of Chicago, depending on your destination.
How much time do I need to plan a trip?
The amount of time you have to plan your trip will influence how much you can save. Generally speaking, the more time you have to plan, the more options you will have and the more likely you are to find a deal.
When is the best time to fly?
Peak travel season varies depending on your destination, but in general, flying during off-peak times will be cheaper. For domestic flights, the Tuesday after Thanksgiving through mid-December is typically the cheapest time to fly. For international flights, January through March is usually the best time to find a deal.
What day of the week is the cheapest to fly?
Flying mid-week (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) is typically cheaper than flying on weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). This is because most people travel for leisure on weekends, so airlines charge more.
Are there any other ways I can save on airfare?
Here are a few other tips for finding cheap flights:
- Book in advance: The further in advance you book your flight, the more likely you are to find a good deal. Airlines typically release their cheapest seats about three months before takeoff.
- Be flexible with travel dates: If you’re willing to be flexible with your travel dates, you may be able to find a better deal. For example, flying on Tuesday instead of Wednesday could save you money.
- Avoid flying during peak times: Peak travel times are usually when airlines charge the most for tickets. If possible, avoid flying during holidays or other busy times of year.